aggrandize (third-person singular simple present aggrandizes, present participle aggrandizing, simple past and past participle aggrandized)
- (transitive) To make great; to enlarge; to increase.
- to aggrandize our conceptions, authority, distress
- (transitive) To make great or greater in power, rank, honor, or wealth; applied to persons, countries, etc.
- his scheme for aggrandizing his son
- (transitive) To make appear great or greater; to exalt.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Charles Lamb to this entry?)
- (intransitive) To increase or become great.
make great or greater in power, rank, honor, or wealth