Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for announcement in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
announcement (plural announcements)
- An act of announcing, or giving notice.
- He raised his hand to make his announcement and said "Excuse me everyone, I have an announcement to make."
- That which conveys what is announced.
- This announcement was made during the first training session.
- The content which is announced.
- The announcement implied that somebody needed a spare Toshiba charger.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.