See also: Appendix:Variations of "ap"
- Usually found on verbs (and their derived nouns or adjectives) with the meaning 'around' or 'about' (like German um- or Russian об- (ob-)).
- (with verbs or verbal nouns indicating motion) Describes an actions movement around something; circum-
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes an action that takes on many objects
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes an action that sets something or someone apart from others
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes the smallness of an action
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes outdoing, defeat or the conquer over someone or something
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes the unsuccessful result of an action
- (with verbs or verbal nouns) Describes the significance of the end of an action
- (with nouns) Describes abstract concepts connected to some action
- (with nouns) Describes a place or thing around something
- (with nouns) Describes approximate or estimated time
- (with nouns) Describes a person with a small or unimpressive amount of some quality
- (with adjectives) Describes the possession of qualities connected with orientation or demeanor
- (with adjectives) In some dialects, describes the possession of incomplete qualities
- (with verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions) Various meanings, generally specific to the nature of the word in question, can be derived