apeling (plural apelings)
- A small, young, or immature ape.
- 1919, Edgar Rice Burroughs, Jungle Tales of Tarzan:
- Just now the apeling was developing those arboreal tendencies which were to stand him in such good stead during the years of his youth, when rapid flight into the upper terraces was of far more importance and value than his undeveloped muscles and untried fighting fangs.
- 2005, Jim Heaney, Taste This, Taste That:
- The murder had occurred only a week before and the baby weighed but ten-or-so pounds, barely twice its birth weight. In spite of its traumatic first experience at the hands of humans, the apeling showed little fear of us.
a small, young, or immature ape