- Artworks designed to be worn as clothing.
- 2004, New Techniques for Wearable Art, page 26:
- Over the years, I have used and tested a wide variety of products in my artwear, and I've learned results can vary widely from one brand to another.
- 2006, Sarah James, Be Your Own Boss, page 45:
- I recently acted in a short film, I did some modelling for an artwear competition […]
- 2013, Bonnie English, A Cultural History of Fashion in the 20th and 21st Centuries, page 109:
- In the United States in the 1970s, 'artwear' was concerned with charting an identity separate from fashion and the clothing industry. One-of-a-kind artwear, intended exclusively for a gallery or museum audience, and produced by designers such as Zandra Rhodes and Vivienne Westwood, gained recognition in the cultural framework of the 1970s.