See also: ass backwards
- (colloquial) Oriented backwards, particularly after a mishap.
- The car spun out of control and I ended up ass-backwards in a ditch.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) Hopelessly misguided; having taken the utterly wrong choice.
- No wonder it doesn't work. The whole design is ass-backwards.
ass-backwards (not comparable)
- (colloquial) Moving backwards, that is, rear end first.
- (idiomatic, colloquial) In a hopelessly misguided manner.
- They did the whole design ass-backwards. No wonder it doesn't work.