|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
For more information, see Appendix:English adverbs.
- Category:English adverb forms: English adverbs that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English act-related adverbs: English adverbs that indicate the motive or other background information for an action.
- Category:English aspect adverbs: English adverbs that express grammatical aspect, describing the flow of time in relation to a statement.
- Category:English conjunctive adverbs: English adverbs that connect two independent clauses together.
- Category:English degree adverbs: English adverbs that express a particular degree to which the word they modify applies.
- Category:English demonstrative adverbs: English adverbs that refer to other adverbs, comparing them to external references.
- Category:English focus adverbs: English adverbs that indicate focus within the sentence.
- Category:English adverbs by inflection type: English adverbs organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:English interrogative adverbs: English adverbs that indicate questions.
- Category:English location adverbs: English adverbs that indicate location.
- Category:English manner adverbs: English adverbs that indicate the manner, way or style in which an action is performed.
- Category:English pronominal adverbs: English adverbs that are formed by combining a pronoun with a preposition.
- Category:English relative adverbs: English adverbs used to indicate relative clauses.
- Category:English sentence adverbs: English adverbs that modify an entire clause or sentence.
- Category:English time adverbs: English adverbs that indicate time.
- Category:English uncomparable adverbs: English adverbs that are not inflected to display different degrees of comparison.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- English adverb forms (2 c, 0 e)
- English conjunctive adverbs (1 c, 46 e)
- English focus adverbs (0 c, 28 e)
- English location adverbs (0 c, 16 e)
- English manner adverbs (0 c, 132 e)
- English pronominal adverbs (0 c, 81 e)
- English relative adverbs (0 c, 3 e)
- English sentence adverbs (4 c, 21 e)
- English time adverbs (3 c, 1 e)
- English uncomparable adverbs (0 c, 11151 e)
Pages in category "English adverbs"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 23,892 total.(previous page) (next page)
- a baculo
- a bene placito
- a bit
- a capella
- a cappella
- a capriccio
- a clock
- à contre-coeur
- à contrecoeur
- à contrecœur
- a damn sight
- a day after the fair
- a day late and a dollar short
- a fair bit
- a fortiori
- a fuck sight
- a go-go
- à gogo
- a good deal
- a la carte
- à la carte
- a la mode
- a little
- a little bit
- a little matter
- a lot
- a lot a bit
- a lot of bit
- a matter
- a mensa et thoro
- a mite
- à outrance
- a piacere
- a posteriori
- a priori
- à propos
- à propos de bottes
- a small matter
- a smidgen
- a tad
- A to Z
- a treat
- a trifle
- a vinculo matrimonii
- A. D.
- a. m.
- A. M.
- ab absurdo
- ab aeterno
- ab extra
- ab inconvenienti
- ab init
- ab initio
- ab intestato
- ab intra
- ab invito
- ab ovo
- ab urbe condita
- ab Urbe condita
- ab utili
- about east
- about time
- above a bit
- above and beyond
- above the line