- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈʃʊəd/, /əˈʃɔːd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈʃʊɹd/, /əˈʃɝd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊə(ɹ)d, -ɔː(ɹ)d, -ɜː(ɹ)d
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Guaranteed; secure.
- Self-confident; self-assured; sure.
- 2011 December 15, Marc Higginson, “Shamrock Rovers 0 - 4 Tottenham”, in BBC Sport:
- Youngster Townsend caught the eye on the wing, with his fantastic goal capping a classy performance, while Danny Rose continued his rapid development with an assured display at full-back.
- (guaranteed): sicker
guaranteed — see guaranteed
confident — see confident
assured (plural assureds)