- Paying attention; noticing, watching, listening, or attending closely.
- She is an attentive listener, but does not like to talk much.
- 1929, Robert Dean Frisbee, The Book of Puka-Puka, republished by Eland, 2019; p. 94:
- King-of-the-Sky was sitting alone in the Leeward Village meeting-house, gesticulating to the attentive shades of night, roaring out the genealogy of his ancestors, telling the sleeping world of his greatness.
- Courteous; mindful.
- a husband attentive to his wife's needs
Audio (CAN) (file)