- Under a spell; subject to an act of witchcraft.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 157:
- "I have heard my grandmother tell that story, and she used also to tell another about a mill-goblin somewhere up in the country, where no one could get anything ground at the mill, it was so bewitched."
- (Of a person) entranced, charmed, fascinated, as though subject to a magical influence.
Under a spell; entranced
- simple past tense and past participle of