- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌbaɪoʊkɪˈnisɪs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌbaɪəʊkɪˈniːsɪs/
- Rhymes: -iːsɪs
- Hyphenation: bio‧ki‧ne‧sis
- (political science) A political theory concerning the movement of populations as a basis for power.
- (parapsychology, science fiction) The ability, through the use of psychic power, to effect organic matter on a microscopic level, to manipulate the physiology (e.g. heart rate, breathing, nervous system or brainwaves) and voluntary motor functions of other people or living organisms, inducing processes such as accelerated healing, etc.