bulkhead (plural bulkheads)
- (nautical) A vertical partition dividing the hull into separate compartments; often made watertight to prevent excessive flooding if the ship's hull is breached.
- A similar partition in an aircraft or spacecraft.
- Mechanically, a partition or panel through which connectors pass, or a connector designed to pass through a partition.
- A pressure-resistant sealed barrier to any fluid in a large structure.
- A retaining wall along a waterfront.
partition on ship
partition on air- or spacecraft
A retaining wall along a waterfront.