- Rhymes: -ɒmpə(r)
chomper (plural chompers)
- (rare) One who, or that which, chomps.
1983, Robertson Davies, The rebel angels:
- Hollier was a chomper, his jaws working up and down like pistons, and without seeming to be greedy he ate a great deal.
- 1993, Esther D Rothblum, Kathleen A Brehony, Boston marriages: romantic but asexual relationships among contemporary lesbians:
- I am a chomper of teeth and a displayer of feelings.
- (informal) A tooth.
2003, Curtis J Badger, Virginia's wild side: fifty outdoor adventures from the mountains to the ocean:
- I wanted an ancient shark tooth, a chomper that last saw use by a predator perhaps 25 million years ago.