comorbidity (plural comorbidities)
- (medicine) (uncountable) The presence of one or more disorders (or diseases) in addition to a primary disease or disorder.
- Extensive comorbidity is the hallmark of immunodeficiencies.
- 2006, Ruth Gross-Isseroff, Abraham Weizman, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Comorbidity:
- The reported comorbidity between categorical personality disorders and OCD ranges between 33 and 87 percent (Bejerot et al, 1998).
- (medicine) (countable) A disease thus coexisting.
- (medicine) (uncountable) The effect of such additional disorders or diseases.
presence of one or more disorders
- comorbidity at OneLook Dictionary Search