compart (third-person singular simple present comparts, present participle comparting, simple past and past participle comparted)
- (transitive, obsolete) To divide and share with others.
- (transitive) To divide into smaller parts; to divide into compartments.
- 1880, Lewis Wallace, Ben-Hur (Harper & Brothers)
- The walls were panelled; each panel was comparted like a modern office desk, and each compartment crowded with labelled folios all filemot with age and use.
- (transitive) To arrange or lay out according to a plan, with due distribution and disposition of parts.
- If I behold what inventions men have in comparting Musical intervals...