- Of a disease, easily transmitted to others.
- The flu was so contagious that everybody in town got sick!
- Of a fashion, laughter, etc., easily passed on to others.
- Wearing jeans was a contagious fad at that time.
- Of a person, having a disease that can be transmitted to another person by touch.
- They were highly contagious, spreading bacteria to other people.
of a disease, easily transmitted to others
of a fashion, laughter, etc, easily passed on to others
capable of spreading a disease
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.