See also: transmît
- enPR: trănsmĭt', trănzmĭt' IPA(key): /tɹænsˈmɪt/, /tɹænzˈmɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪt
- Hyphenation: trans‧mit
- (transitive) To send or convey something from one person, place or thing to another.
- (transitive) To spread or pass on something such as a disease or a signal.
- (transitive) To impart, convey or hand down something by inheritance or heredity.
- (transitive) To communicate news or information.
- (transitive) To convey energy or force through a mechanism or medium.
- (intransitive) To send out a signal (as opposed to receive).
- TX (abbreviation)
to send or convey from someone, some place or something to another
to spread or pass on e.g. a disease or signal
to impart, convey or hand down something by inheritance or heredity
to communicate news or information
to convey energy or force through a mechanism
to send out a signal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked