See also: cook-up
- (informal) To prepare a meal.
- Let me cook up some eggs and bacon before you go.
- (idiomatic, figuratively) To manufacture; to fabricate; to falsify; to devise an elaborate lie.
- He really cooked up a good one this time, something about an airline disaster.
2017 January 14, “Thailand's new king rejects the army's proposed constitution”, in The Economist:
- For more than two years Thailand's ruling junta, which seized power in a coup in 2014, has been cooking up a constitution which it hopes will keep military men in control even after elections take place.
- (slang) To prepare a heroin dose by heating.
- (slang) To manufacture a significant amount of illegal drugs (LSD, meth, etc.)