Audio (UK) (file)
copyparty (plural copyparties)
- (demoscene) An event where people meet to swap software (often pirated copies of commercial releases), a forerunner of the demoparty.
- 2008, Tara McPherson, Digital youth, innovation, and the unexpected, page 193:
- Extensive documentation on the history of copyparties and demoparties has been lovingly preserved by the demoscene itself.
- 2015 July 16, Gideon Lewis-Kraus And Photographs By Franck Bohbot, “Power in Numbers”, in New York Times:
- DreamHack began in 1994, in the basement of a nearby elementary school, as a small, local subvariant of what was then called a ‘‘copyparty’’ — pre-broadband occasions to share software or demonstrate flashy offlabel uses of early home computers.