coupure (plural coupures)
- (fortification) A passage cut through the glacis to facilitate sallies by the besieged.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wilhelm to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for coupure in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
coupure f (plural coupures)
- the act or result of cutting; a cut
- power cut, blackout
- cutting, cut out, clipping
- coupure de presse ― newspaper cutting, newspaper clipping
- bill, a piece of paper money