- The use of a crane to hoist goods.
- 2020 November 18, Industry Insider, “Improving rail connectivity”, in Rail, page 68:
- On the short sea route there was continued demand for non-containerised traffic, and a trans-shipment depot was established by an independent haulier at Stranraer in 1979, with overhead cranage to handle steel products from Teesside that justified running a daily Speedlink service from north east England.
- Fees paid for use of the crane.
- (rare) cranage; the money resulting from it.
- English: cranage