crosscheck (plural crosschecks)
- (ice hockey) A penalty.
- (lacrosse) A penalty where a player hits another player with the shaft of their lacrosse stick with their hands spread apart.
- (lacrosse) To hit another player with the shaft of a lacrosse stick.
- 2009, January 16, “Dave Caldwell”, in Goalie Takes a Long Trip to Reach the N.H.L.:
- He picked up a roughing penalty for crosschecking Montreal’s Andrei Kostitsyn to the ice Tuesday after Kostitsyn hit Boston defenseman Aaron Ward from behind.
- To re-examine; to double-check.