See also: Dickens
- (euphemistic) The devil.
- She can go to the dickens for what she said.
- You scared the dickens out of me.
- In the phrase the dickens (Used as an intensifier).
- Why the dickens did he do that?
- We had the dickens of a row.
- A disturbance or row.
- 1991, Stephen King, Needful Things:
- Hugh considered saying, Then I guess I'll just have to kick you a few times instead, you frog son of a bitch. Then he thought of that fat bastard Keeton, handing him a pink slip for kicking up dickens in the local tavern.
- Random House Dictionary