- disturbaunce (obsolete)
- The act of disturbing, being disturbed.
- Something that disturbs.
- That guy causes a lot of trouble, you know, he's such a disturbance.
- A noisy commotion that causes a hubbub or interruption.
- An interruption of that which is normal or regular.
2012 January 1, Donald Worster, “A Drier and Hotter Future”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 1, page 70:
- Phoenix and Lubbock are both caught in severe drought, and it is going to get much worse. We may see many such [dust] storms in the decades ahead, along with species extinctions, radical disturbance of ecosystems, and intensified social conflict over land and water. Welcome to the Anthropocene, the epoch when humans have become a major geological and climatic force.
- (psychology) A serious mental imbalance or illness.
act of disturbing, being disturbed
something that disturbs
interruption of that which is normal or regular
(psychology) serious mental imbalance or illness
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked