- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdəʊ.pə.miːn/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdoʊ.pəˌmin/
- (biochemistry, pharmacology) A monoamine C8H11NO2 that is a decarboxylated form of dopa, present in the body as a neurotransmitter and a precursor of other substances including adrenalin.
- 2017 December 12, Amy B Wang, “Former Facebook VP says social media is destroying society with ‘dopamine-driven feedback loops’”, in Washington Post:
- “The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works: no civil discourse, no cooperation, misinformation, mistruth. And it’s not an American problem. This is not about Russian ads. This is a global problem.”
- “dopamine”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- “dopamine”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
dopamine f (uncountable)
- plural of