See also: doyenné
- Rhymes: -ɛn
doyenne (plural doyennes)
- A female doyen.
- The senior or eldest female member of a group, especially one who is most or highly respected.
- Helen Thomas is frequently referred to as "the doyenne of the White House press corps."
- A woman who is highly experienced and knowledgeable in a particular field, subject, or line of work; expert
doyenne f (plural doyennes)
- The oldest woman.
- Jeanne Calment, la doyenne de l' humanité.
- A female dean at an educational establishment (Canada)
- doyen (the oldest man)