eber (not comparable)
- Eye dialect spelling of ever. (suggesting black American speech)
- 1894, Edward S. Ellis, Brave Tom:
- But wasn't I 'bout de sickest coon dat you eber seen?" "
- 1879, William F. Cody, The Life of Hon. William F. Cody:
- Every time the Indians would make a charge at us, the darkeys would cry out: "Heah dey cum;" "Dey must be ten thousand ob 'em;" "De whole country is alive wid 'em;" "Massa Bill, does you tink we is eber agoin' to get out o' heah?" and many other similar expressions.