eigenimage (plural eigenimages)
- (computing) The set of eigenvectors used by a computer system in the recognition of an image (especially of a face).
- 1977, Harry C. Andrews, Digital image restoration, page 38:
- Various partial summations of the individual singular eigenimage matrices are included to demonstrate the cumulative effect of the individual outer products on the reconstruction of the entire image.
- 1999, Peter W. Hallinan, Two- and Three-Dimensional Patterns of the Face, page 62:
- The five eigenimage generic model succeeds as well as the five eigenimage individual model in capturing the global shading pattern, though the geometry is of course different.
- 2006, Pankaj N. Topiwala, Wavelet Image and Video Compression, page 266:
- We assume that the KLT, to a first approximation, fully decorrelates the eigenimages; we further assume that the wavelet transform fully decorrelates the pixels in each eigenimage.