- Of or pertaining to a specific location; local (especially with reference to forms of the Ancient Greek alphabet).
- 1957, Tullia Rönne & Peter Marshall Fraser, Boeotian and West Greek Tombstones, Gleerup, published 1957, page 37:
- These characteristic monuments do not, however, seem to survive the epichoric script.
- 1986, Trevor Bryce, The Lycians in Literary and Epigraphic Sources, Museum Tusculanum Press, published 1986, page 43:
- However, there are also a number of other epichoric inscriptions which do not appear in either Kalinka's or Neumann's collections.