- (uncountable) The act or process of giving food.
- premium blend for feeding of dairy herds
- (countable) An instance or session of giving food.
- Coordinate term: serving
- the morning feeding might differ from the evening feeding in protein content
- optimal intervals between feedings for neonates with weak esophagogastric sphincter
- 1750, The Universal Magazine, volume 7, page 52:
- […] they are nevertheless always like the lion's keeper, who, when by long patience, a thousand feedings, and a thousand clawings, he hath made a fierce lion familiar, yet never gives him meat, but with pulling back his hand, always in fear […]
- (uncountable, usually said of animals) The act or process of eating.
- feeding from round bales is necessary here in winter, when pasturage is ebbed
- (countable, usually said of animals) An instance or session of eating.
- Coordinate term: meal
- picked up hardware disease during a feeding outside the intended pasture
- (dated) That which is eaten: food, feed, or fodder.
- (dated) That which furnishes or affords food, especially for animals.
- (uncountable) The loading of material into a machine that will process it.
- caution in the feeding of the No. 3 mill
- types of feeding
Derived terms edit
an instance of giving food
an instance of eating