finishing (plural finishings)
- The act of completing something.
- (soccer) Shooting ability.
- That guy's a slow and lazy player, but he's got excellent finishing.
- 2013, Daniel Taylor, Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic climbs highest to sink Benfica (in The Guardian, 15 May 2013)
- Benítez's team had been subjected to some intense pressure and will be grateful that Benfica's finishing was not as refined as their buildup play. Jorge Jesus's side pinned them back at times but they were guilty of being too elaborate in front of goal.
- The final work upon or ornamentation of a thing; finish.