- (countable) A buffoon.
- (uncountable) Trivial matters; nonsense.
- 1912, Samuel G. Blythe, The Fun of Getting Thin:
- I have no mission or message or any flubdub of that kind.
- 1914, Elia Wilkinson Peattie, The Precipice:
- Sorrow came to her afterward, disappointment, struggle, but never so heavy and dragging a pain as she knew that Christmas Day. She had been trying in many unsuspected ways to relieve her father's grim misery,--a misery of which his gaunt face told the tale,--and although he had said that he wished for "no flubdub about Christmas," she really could not resist making some recognition of a day which found all other homes happy.