foreflight (plural foreflights)
- A flight made before the expected time; a previous or prior flight
- 1938, Laura (Riding) Jackson, Collected Poems:
- Let winter be less sharp In that the heats of purpose Have winter foreflight in their wings, [...]
- 1988, Robinson Jeffers, Tim Hunt, The Collected Poetry of Robinson Jeffers:
- Yesterday Moscow, to-morrow what nation, are only the foreflights, Straws playing arrow in the storm-van, storm is good, storm is good, good creature, [...]
- 2015, George Gissing, A Life's Morning:
- No speed that would not lag behind the fore-flight of a heart's desire.