Last modified on 21 June 2013, at 00:18
foul out (plural foul outs)
- (baseball) An instance of fouling out.
- A foul out was recorded on the scorecard.
- (basketball) An instance of fouling out.
- His foul out sat poorly with the crowd.
foul out (third-person singular simple present fouls out, present participle fouling out, simple past and past participle fouled out)
- (baseball) To become out by hitting a foul ball which is caught.
- He fouled out to lead off the third.
- (basketball) To be disqualified from further play for having committed too many fouls.
- The center has fouled out with only two points.