See also: gender-fluid
genderfluid (not comparable)
- (LGBT) Not having a fixed gender; having a gender which changes from time to time.
- 2009, Julia Serano, Whipping Girl, page 346:
- Another way that one can be “transgressively gendered” is by identifying as genderqueer or genderfluid—i.e., refusing to identify fully as either woman or man.
- 2011, Ellen Greenblatt, Serving LGBTIQ Library and Archives Users, page 29:
- A slightly newer term, genderqueer […] is also often used by people who believe they are genderfluid, who feel like both genders, who will sometimes feel male, sometimes female, or who may not believe that there are only two genders.
- 2016, Cindy I-Fen Cheng, The Routledge Handbook of Asian American Studies
- For example, “queer” would include self-identified lesbians and gays who also have sex with the “opposite sex,” sexual practices and relationships that include kink, s/m, polyamory, and pansexuality, gender play and fuck including femmes and those feminine of center, butches and those masculine of center, queens, femboys, gurls, bois, sissies, tomboys, crossdressers, drag queens and kings, and genderfluid people.
- 2020 October 28, Dan Shive, El Goonish Shive (webcomic), Comic for Wednesday, Oct 28, 2020:
- "I'm genderfluid! Sometimes a guy, sometimes a girl. Sometimes, I guess, confused shrug? Anyway, I have a spell that lets me change my default form, so my feminine form is not an enchantment."
not conforming to fixed gender