gender + -less (“without, lacking”)
genderless (comparative more genderless, superlative most genderless)
- Without a gender, in its various senses.
- A genderless noun includes both the masculine and feminine forms.
- 2015 August 10, Aimee Picchi, Moneywatch:
- Should retailers promote genderless shopping?... Through its Agender concept store, Selfridges is selling clothing, accessories and beauty supplies that, it says, "transcend notions of 'his' and 'hers'."
- (all senses): genderfree, gender-free; neuter
- (not part of a cultural gender): agender, agendered; gender-free; neutrois (rare)
- (having had one's sexual distinction removed): neutered