gharry (plural gharries)
- A wheeled cart or carriage (usually horsedrawn).
- 1977, Pablo Neruda, Memoirs, translated by Hardie St. Martin, New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, Chapter 4, p. 86,
- My British friends saw me in a gharry, a little horse-drawn cab used mainly for ephemeral trysts in transit, and offered me the kindly advice that a consul should never use these vehicles for any purpose.
- (South Africa, military, slang) A jeep or small truck for conveying troops.
- ^ McGregor, R.S, ed. The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary, Oxford university press. 1993