Last modified on 13 September 2013, at 20:37
gjöra (weak verb, third-person singular past indicative gjörði, supine gjört)
- (archaic, transitive, governs the accusative) to do
- Genesis 1:31 (Icelandic Bible, New International Version)
- Og Guð leit allt, sem hann hafði gjört, og sjá, það var harla gott. Það varð kveld og það varð morgunn, hinn sjötti dagur.
- God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
- The verb gera (“to do”) is preferred in modern vernacular.