Audio (AU) (file)
gleaner (plural gleaners)
- One who gleans.
- (slang) A person who focuses on self-improvement while in prison.
- 1976, United States. National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research, Research Involving Prisoners: Appendix to Report and Recommendations:
- Gleaners read, pursue formal education, may learn a trade through vocational education programs or job training, […]
- 1987, John Irwin, The Felon, page 86:
- Release and renewal of life on the outside are the dominant concerns of time-doers and gleaners. Even jailers, although they tend to make prison life their central concern, are cognizant that they will return to the outside community.
Derived terms edit
one who gleans