he said, she said (uncountable)
- Conflicting reports from two or more parties on an issue, prototypically involving a situation between a man and a woman with no other witnesses.
- 1999, The Practice (TV, episode 3.18)
- And after he got caught he, along with his attorney, chose the strategy of putting the victim on trial. He said, she said. It was reasonable doubt.
- 2000, CSI (TV, episode 1.06)
- "Eddie said that she was into it." "He said, she said. It's about the evidence, Catherine."
- 2001, Frasier (TV, episode 8.23)
- He said, she said. We'll never know what really happened.
2008, Robert Allison, Investigation of Crime Scene, →ISBN, page 33:
- Our summary is brief and does not include a lot of he said, she said information. In the scene section of the narrative we give a detailed description of the scene as it is seen upon our approach.
conflicting reports from two or more parties on an issue