- (Norwegian folklore) a supernatural being, most often in the shape of a beautiful woman with a cow's tail, that dwells subterraneously.
- 1871, Fjellheim, Stein, Huldergarden paa Glombakka:
- Kaa si' døkk um detta, døkk som ikkje vil tru, at de finnst hulder te?
- What do you say to this, you who will not believe that the hulder exists?
The hulder would normally have blonde hair and pale skin in many different folklore. The Hulder also is known as the Huldras. Hulders are very seductive and dangerous woodland creatures.
- “hulder” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.