indebtedness (usually uncountable, plural indebtednesses)
- State of owing money; being in debt.
- 2001, David L. Lieber; Jules Harlow, Etz Hayim: Torah and Commentary, page 738:
- Laws regarding indebtedness and indenture.
- The state of owing something or being under obligation to someone.
- 2002, Colin Jones, The Great Nation, Penguin, published 2003, pages 120-1:
- Strong on administrative competence, the ministers as a group were united in their indebtedness to Fleury and in a collective mistrust of any putative successor from the court.
- The amount owed.
- All debts totalled.
state of being in debt
state of owing due to gratitude
all debts totaled