From Middle French, from Old French inspeccion, from Latin inspectiō (“examination, inspection”), from the verb inspectō (“I inspect”), from spectō (“I observe, I watch”), frequentive of speciō (“I look at”).
inspection (plural inspections)
- Act of examining something, often closely.
- Upon closer inspection, the animal turned out to be a dolphin, not a shark!
- Organization that checks that certain laws or rules are obeyed.
- The inspection fined the restaurant's owner because the kitchen was dirty.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
inspection f (plural inspections)
- inspection (act of examining something, often closely)
Read in another language
This page is available in 27 languages