líf n (genitive singular lífs, nominative plural líf)
- (uncountable) life (the state of being alive)
- (uncountable) life (the period during which an individual is alive)
- (usually uncountable) an individual’s way of living or experience of being alive (throughout one’s lifespan or in some period of it); life, lifestyle
- 2011 June, Fjölnir Ásbjörnsson, tru.is (sermon):
- Hvað hefur græðgin eyðilagt margar sálir og mörg líf?
- How many lives has greed destroyed?
- (uncountable) life (living things collectively)
- (by extension) life (the existence of an inanimate object as a functional or distinct entity)
- (countable, video games) life (one of the player’s chances to play, lost when a mistake is made)
- Ég átti bara eitt líf eftir þegar ég komst loksins í síðasta borðið.
- I only had one life left when I finally got to the last level.
- (uncountable, video games) health, hit points, the amount of damage a player can take before he loses a life
- 2006 February, kjellz, hugi.is (forum), comments:
declension of líf
- (life): fjör