- A type of game existing as and controlled by software, usually run by a video game console or a computer, played on a video terminal or television screen, and controlled by a paddle, joystick, joypad, mouse, or keyboard. [1973]
- 2011 October 7, Lana Del Rey; Justin Parker (lyrics and music), “Video Games”, in Born to Die, performed by Lana Del Rey:
- Swinging in the backyard / Pull up in your fast car whistling my name / Open up a beer / And you say get over here and play a video game / [...] / I say you the bestest / Lean in for a big kiss, put his favorite perfume on / Go play your video game
game controlled by software
- (Brazil) video game (software game)
- Synonym: videojogo
- (Brazil) video game console
For quotations using this term, see Citations:video game.