lavvy (plural lavvies)
- (Scotland slang) A lavatory: a room used for urination and defecation.
- 2011, Robert Douglas, Whose Turn for the Stairs?, →ISBN:#*
2012, Glynis Dunnitt, Hidden History, →ISBN, page 61:
- It must be great getting up suring the night and not having to put a coat on over your jammies to visit the lavvy on the half-landing – especially in the winter when it's below zero.
- When I had to go to the lavvy there I always had to use that stiff, scratchy, smelly, lavvy paper she always said she 'put for the 'young ladies' - sniff'.
- 2013, Jess Smith, Sookin' Berries, →ISBN:
- Cousin Anna and other traveller kids were playing over by the lavvy, and as I ran to join them, something monumental loomed on my horizon – the lavvy roof
- 2013, Eileen Dewhurst, Whoever I Am, →ISBN:
- And she doesn't have to keep going to the lavvy like poor Mr Thomas and Miss Welch and so many of them.
- (Scotland slang) A toilet: a fixture used for urination and defecation.