See also: défécation
- The act or process of voiding feces from the bowels.
- Any of several processes for the removal of impurities, or for clarifying various materials.
1883, National Academy of Sciences (US), Investigation of the Scientific and Economic Relations of the Sorghum Sugar Industry, page 84:
- The juice after it leaves the mill has a more or less green color, due to the presence of large quantities of chlorophyl and other vegetable substances, which must be removed. This process is known as defecation.
- See also Thesaurus:defecation
act or process of voiding excrement
process of removing impurities
- “defecation” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2018.