Audio (AU) (file)
A shortening of It's been a long time (since […] ).
- (idiomatic) Used as part of greeting of two people who have not been in contact for a long time.
- 2008, Sadie Jones, The Outcast, page 262:
- "Hey, Lewis; long time, man." / "Jack." / They shook hands.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see long, time.
used as part of greeting of two people who have not been in contact for a long time
- (prostitution, Southeast Asia) A meeting with a sex worker that usually lasts the whole night
- 2019 August 26, “What is Long Time in Thailand – Bar Fine Guides”, in Thailand Amigo:
- Long Time in Thailand or LT is the term used to define how long the lady is willing to spend time with you. This usually means it will be all night and into the next morning, and you can date her or just hang out with her.
- (sex): short time