See also: major-league
- An association of sports teams which plays at the highest skill level of its sport, especially Major League Baseball.
- (usually in plural or attributive) The highest level of competition in a field of endeavor.
- You can't be so casual. You're in the major leagues now.
- Of or pertaining to a major sports league.
- Analogous in importance to a major league sports team.
- That rock band is really major league.
- Calatrava is a major league architect.
- Serious, intensive.
- The company made a major league effort to get the contract.