See also: Mining
- The activity of removing solid valuables from the earth.
- gold mining
- (figuratively) Any activity that extracts or undermines.
- His extensive mining for apparently statistically significant results made any of his results questionable.
- (Can we date this quote by Jonathan Swift and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- […] the fabrick, however weak by the delicacy of its composition, would not have fallen so soon, if the foundation had not been injured by the slow minings of regret and vexation.
- (military) The activity of placing explosives underground, rigged to explode
- (computing) Creation of new units of cryptocurrency by validating transactions and demonstrating proof-of-work
- → Russian: ма́йнинг (májning)
activity of removing solid valuables from the earth